Kearns, Utah

Back in Febuary of 2014 I went to Big O Tires on 3600 West and 5400 South in Kearns, UT to get new tires.While I was happy at the time with there service they said I needed a new INNER Tie Rod.

Related: Avoid Big O tires. They can get scary.

So, I figured that it was still from the accident I had out of Vegas where I hit a ladder on the freeway, I paid to have it fixed. About 2 weeks ago I went to have an oil change and make sure my car was working and I was told by Carlos that I needed an OUTER tie rod in the same tire. Well, I knew he was wrong because not even a year and a half ago I replaced that part and had to send the old one to the insurance company. I then drove about 850 miles to drop off my friends kids and my car started having massive issues.

(It was pulling to both sides and the steering wheel was shaking and it wasn't gripping right) So I looked up Big O on line and saw that there were none within 50 miles of where I was. I then took it to Firestone because they were open on Sunday and they let me know that my OUTER tie rod was still perfect but my inner tie rod (the one they "replaced" in Febuary) was the one that was bad. So, I was then forced to choose to fix my car because there was not a Big O anywhere close to where I was and the next day was my kids first day of school and my husbands birthday. (Needless to say I missed them both.) Once I made it back down to Salt Lake I took in the part that was badley broken and the receipt and was told I was *** for going to Firestone and when I tried to explain why I went there Carlos and another tech just got mad and yelled at me and called me a Fing liar.

They then told me that there was nothing they "could or would do for me." I then came home and called there corporate office and once I started looking at the receipt from Febuary I found out that they charged me for 2 alignments when they "replaced" my tie rod. As to which they said "That sucks" when I brought it up to them.

I will never go to another Big O or any of there sister companies even if they are the last mechanics on earth.I have spent upwards of $1,500 this year alone at this location and never will again.

Review about: Tie Rod Repair.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Big O Tires Oil Change
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $400
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Big O Tires?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.