Big O Tires - Ripped off for brake job

25 of 182 Big O Tires reviews

Update added by user Jan 23

After going to a few other places to get estimates for the same job that we had done at BIG O, we went back to BIG O and calmly talked to them about how we felt that we got overcharged and we ended up getting $500.00 returned to us. Pretty happy about that.

Original review posted by user Jan 21

We are staying in our 5th wheel near Maricopa.We wanted to get new tires on our 5th wheel.

While they had the tires off, they inspected the brakes. They found that the brake seals were leaking. There was grease all over the magnets and pads and drums. They told us that the drums were scored and should be replaced and the whole backing plate had to be replaced since the brake pads and magnets are all part of it.

I'm not bothered by the backing plates being replaced but after further research, I've discovered that the drums did not need to be replaced. The part that really gets me is the fact that the whole job of re-doing the brakes (4 - dual axle) cost almost $2500. Boy did we get ripped off. I've already gotten 1 other quote, from an RV dealer no less, and it came to about $1500, even with the drums that we didn't need.

The drums on the new quote were $69.00 and the cost that we paid was $159.00. We didn't know what this whole job should have cost elsewhere or we never would have paid that much. In casual conversation with the manager, he told us that his shop is the 2nd busiest in the country and they do over $10 mil/year in business.

At the rate they charged us no wonder they're making so much money.:o(

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
25 of 182 Big O Tires reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Meganb

Jan 24 #1100010

What I would like to know is if the dealer or stealer-ship quoted the same job at 1500 why were you only reimbursed 500 dollars? They often do this what is the difference between their products that makes them far superior to oem? Last time I checked they use autozone too.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.