Brandilyn Ngs
map-marker Kansas City, Missouri

Appointment time

Made appointment for 3:00, got out of there at 5:30, unacceptable! Will not go back.place was unorganized.

User's recommendation: Discount tires.

Bonnie T Pxe

| map-marker Long Beach, California

21/2 hours for oil change

Big O Tires - 21/2 hours for oil change
Waited 21/2 hours for oil change, requested light bulb installed, Not done, car finally done with an attitude . Then estimated service repairs and tire replacement. My car would be there for a week!

User's recommendation: Use discount tires

Heather Y Jgx

| map-marker Osage Beach, Missouri

Unbelievable!!!

I have now contacted my lawyer on this matter. Your company blew the engine in my jeep and nobody is being held accountable for this. I am needing someone to get a hold of me ASAP. I will comment on every section of everything I have to until someone gets a hold of me.
Loss:

Preferred solution: You blew my engine and only paid for half!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User's recommendation: Stay away!!!!

Johanna F Aqn

Verified Reviewer

Great service and awesome job

Fast service and very polite guys . No complaints. Very fast at their job . I was really pleased. Didn't wait that long . Over all I really enjoyed the job done for the company vehicle. I recommend this place all the time .
Pros:
  • Great people and job well done
Cons:
  • No complaints

Preferred solution: No just to say awesome job

User's recommendation: Come over and get the job done with awesome people.

Brent L Lir

Refused to Honor Tire Warranty

Big O Tires - Refused to Honor Tire Warranty

Went to Big 0 # 28907, seen Chris on Tire Repair. Chris informed me that due to tire condition, he could not fix tire.

He stated I need to find the original tire receipt and he could give me a new tire.

I called Chris at Big O #28907, and Informed him that I found the receipt, and also informed him that the wear on all the tires was more then you would expect due to the time/mileage. 18 Month old tires.

Chris told me to put the spare on and bring the whole truck to the Shop, and they would take care of me.

When I arrived at the Shop, Chris got the manager "Austin Casbarro" who informed me that the tires I have were manufactured by Cooper, and that they do not use Cooper any longer due to the fact that the tires were not holding up under normal wear. He then informed me that they would not honor the warranty, and would not give me a replacement tire for the damaged one. He stated that all my tires need to be replaced due to the wear and tread depth.

He offered me a 2 for 1 deal.

I did not want to pay for new tired when the tires I have are still under warranty for 18 more months. He stated that if I want a warranty, I must prove that I had the tires rotated every 5,000 miles, and must provide verifiable proof, and that he would need time to verify the proof first.

Even through he knew the tires I were driving on were unsafe, he still refused to help in any way.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Used to be great company
Cons:
  • Now just a rip off center

User's recommendation: File a class action lawsuit

Katrina H Fll
map-marker Phoenix, Arizona

Loss cause

I purchased 4 brand new tires in October immediate began having issues with it not riding smooth. I went back several times they even replaced a tire because they found a bubble in it.

5 months later and what miraculously appears another bubble. They stated I probably hit a curb I did but the cheapest tires they have. I have never had issues with my tires because of my rims until I came to them thinking they were a better company. Be careful ladies they definitely take advantage.

Make sure you get documentation of everything they had to do because of course they didnt document they replaced a brand new tire because of an air bubble. I will never do business with BIG O TIRES again

Loss:
Cons:
  • Terrible service

User's recommendation: Run

map-marker Newport News, Virginia

Poor customer service from manager and they messed up my rim on our truck

Big O Tires - Poor customer service from manager and they messed up my rim on our truck

Took truck in to have two tires that we had gotten on our own and took it to big os on broad street in Richmond va to be mounted and balance. The manager kevin told my boyfriend that the paint was chipped on the rim never showed him and made it seem like it was a small spot on rim.

My boyfriend pulled over and looked and they had used some type of chemical that ate the paint off and it is a nice size damage. Called customer service made a complaint then get a call from kevin the manager saying try did not use any chemical just soap and water. Talk to customer relations ms Montoya she was no help then get a call back from Kevin stating they used brake cleaner on the rim and he said in his opinion the rims had been painted over which they are factory rims and he wants vehicle for a day and have someone paint it and that is unacceptable and I do not want them touching our truck.

So I will contact bbb and see about legal advice since no one can respond to emails or phone calls I dont recommend going here at all. Dont know how they stay in business

User's recommendation: Don’t go

map-marker Aurora, Colorado

Veterans Discount

We spent $1000.00 on battery and Alternator replacement. Was told the Interstate battery was out of warranty.

Interstate battery was purchased and installed at this location in February 2022. We called Interstate corporate they said that this battery was still under warranty 100%. (2 year unconditional). Big O tire said the alternator was over charging the battery after the diagnostic.

We asked for the Diagnostic report and was given an invoice. After they did the diagnostic they placed the car out front for pick up. The car would not start. They had drained the battery so it would not start.

We asked for a jump, they declined, so we were stuck and then replace the Interstate battery with another Interstate battery and the Alternator. I asked if I could get the faulty battery, and alternator, they said no. I asked to speak to the manager, they said no, I asked for the owners phone number, again they said no. I asked for business cards they said that they didn't have any.

I asked if they replaced the Battery with another Interstate Battery, again they said no its a different brand battery.

I am a combat Vietnam veteran and I noticed that they offer a Military Discount. I asked for the Military Discount and I was told that if I left the car until Tuesday (7 days), he would apply a $200.00 discount.

I paid for the repair/replacememt, shook my head and walked out, never to return.

This company advertises a Military Discount and does not honor it.

Veterans and Customers be careful.

User's recommendation: Stop the lies and fraud

Guest

If the alternator was over charging the battery is not covered under warranty, ANY MANUFATER period. As for the Alternator and maybe the battery.

Did the offer to give it to you for what they would of paid in core charges. Any company should offer this .

Unfortunately this is at cost and can not have a discount apply. I bet they offered it and you refused to pay the core charge.

Louis P Kkj

| map-marker Salt Lake City, Utah

Refund request

Big O Tires - Refund request
I had my pick-up truck repaired in Salt Lake city in a Big O tire repair shop.The rear transaxle right seal was leaking. I had this issue while traveling home to Whistler , BC, Canada. As i got home the repair was at fault and now both side of the axle was leaking and i had to get it fixed in Whistler with the same issue. Where can i call to get a refund or email contact to file a claim? Thank you. Louis.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Quick service
Cons:
  • Incompetent mechanics

map-marker Aurora, Colorado

This Company did not honor Veterans Discount

Big O Tires advertises Veterans Discount on a huge poster at the entrance door.

We spent $1000.00 on a battery (Interstate), that still had full exchange warranty. Big O Tires installed another brand after we requested the same Interstate brand.

Since I am a Combat Vietnam Veteran, I requested a veterans discount as they advertised.

I was told to leave the car at the facility until Tuesday, that's 7 days to have the discount applied.

I then asked for a complete printed diagnostic report, they gave me an invoice, I asked to speak to the manager, his reply, manager was not in, asked for business cards so that I could contact the manager. His reply, we dont have any.

Shook my head paid and left, never ever to return to this place.

I hope all the Veterans and first responders take note of this fake advertisement by Big O Tires.

User's recommendation: Find a more reputable place. Just look at the reviews.

Resolved
Teresa S Ibt

| map-marker Lees Summit, Missouri

Resolved: Refund

Updated by user Jan 09, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. I went into the store and talked to the Manager.

Original review Dec 10, 2023
Helo, Kevin from the the Lee's Summit, MO location was suppose to send in as request for a refund for me last Friday. He said someone would call me by Monday. This did not happen. I need someone to please call me. Thank you, Teresa Smith
Loss:
Cons:
  • Terrible service do not stand by their products

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Go to Tires Plus!!!

map-marker Phoenix, Arizona

Won't help with flat 35 minutes prior to closing

I went in at 5:15 and Steve from the Alma School location in Mesa was aware I had a flat with two large slits on tire and he wouldnt change my tire and told me he couldnt do it for me, it was 5:15 and the store closed at 6. I left with my flat and had to drive to another big o tire and get it replaced.

Albert from greenfield and main stayed after hours because he said it was an emergency and I shouldnt be driving like that.

I was very great full for Albert but Steve could care less for my safety.previously at the same location I paid for a lot of work done in my suv and later found out that my coolant and oil change wasnt done and who knows what else they didnt do and I paid a lot. Very unhappy

User's recommendation: Stay away from the big o tires on Alma school

Kathelene Uno
map-marker Fort Collins, Colorado

Missed opportunity on my 4 brand new tires

Four tire purchases and and not one person offered free lug nuts tightening . Not person offering the special free pizza special. I paid in full. What gives?

User's recommendation: Watch your service and watch them.

Sherrie F Ots

Verified Reviewer

My car was messed up at big of in Norman!

Took it there for an oil change. Had to call police. Car has now leaked all over my driveway and it smoked in the cab of the car and the outside. Now my check engine light is on and there's not a drop of oil in it!

Preferred solution: They need to have my car towed to a mechanic! It's undrivable.

Ubaldo G
map-marker Mesa, Arizona

Several services not performed, 12/15/23

Oil change No tire rotation No battery check, two days later stuck with dead battery Do not say rotate tires when not performed,
Pros:
  • Quick service
Cons:
  • Not true about guaranteed service

Preferred solution: To be honest with customer

map-marker Layton, Utah

Tire rotation

Tried to charge me for a tire rotation . I already had Big O tires and rims. New management was very rude

User's recommendation: Use big o in Layton instead of kaysville

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article